Sunday, August 17, 2014

Blomsterfestival

The city of Odense hosts many activities during the summer months.  Film festivals (next week!!), open air concerts, plays, and symphony orchestra concerts, just to name a few.

This weekend, it was the “Blomsterfestival”.  An enormous flower show.

The city transformed the center square onto a sea of flowers.  It was truly amazing.









Thousands of people and more flowers than I could count!


Besides looking, you could also buy flowers.  I love orchids, so........


I just hope I don't kill them!!

I have always been a fan of black and white photography.  I thought I would try one B&W photo, with a twist.


But really, for this day, I needed color.  I think I will just let the flowers do "the talking for themselves".
























It was a BEAUTIFUL day in Odense.


18 comments:

  1. Stunning! Though I suspect somewhat torturous for any with hayfever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many different kinds of flowers! Wow!! I wish we could get this back home :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers are beautiful here! Where is home?

      Delete
  3. These pictures are fantastic! I can almost smell the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning place to be!
    What I wouldn't give to travel....
    Such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers! I can only imagine how wonderful that all smelled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is making me miss Denmark so badly. Are you enjoying the country?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, those pictures look great, kinda makes me which I was there to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really glad you liked the photos. Yes, I am enjoying my stay in Denmark. It is a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so, jealous. It's pretty much fall in Canada already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how gorgeous! I'm so jealous of your pretty new orchids :) They can be tricky, but they're very rewarding. ~Delany from North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was in Denmark this past winter, you captured its beauty perfectly. Wonderful photos, I really enjoy them and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dream is to someday go to Denmark; your photos pretty much "sealed the deal!" Thanks for sharing!

    I especially liked the one that was black and white except the one flower, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those flowers are truly beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks absolutely gorgeous. I really would like to visit Denmark, it sounds like wonderful place. Very nice photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete