Saturday, January 25, 2014

Our Bicycles arrived!

We had been told for the past 2 Fridays that the boxes of essentials we had shipped from Alabama (78 boxes of chewing gum, my collection of rare bricks, every issue of "American Model Train" since 1958, you know, the essentials) would arrive.  Well, they finally did!  Mobile, Alabama to Copenhagen, Denmark by plane, Copenhagen to Odense by truck (I also think a carrier pigeon was involved).

Two very nice, strong Danish men showed up in a truck with four large boxes labled FARABEE.  As I was still at work, Mary met them downstairs. They opened the back of the truck and told Mary if they turned off their truck, it wouldn't start again, and they couldn't leave it unattended.  Mary "volunteered" to stay with the truck, if they would move the boxes to our place.  They agreed.  Mary got the better end of that deal.  See my last post on "We live on the 3rd floor, 38 steps up a spiral staircase".

Two of the boxes were household and kitchen goods (Mary actually didn't let me bring my brick collection), and the other two boxes were our bicycles!

The bicycles had been disassembled for shipping.  I put them back together that evening, with no parts left over!  Brakes adjusted, handelbars tightened, seats raised, ready to go.

Monday I start going to work like most of the Danes on Odense, on two wheels!


No comments:

Post a Comment