Sunday, November 16, 2014

I'm going to be a Grandfather!!!!

I'm going to be a Grandfather!!!   (Which, of course means that Mary is going to be a Grandmother!!)

Lars and Elizabeth are expecting in June.  I'm not sure who is more excited, Lars and Elizabeth, or Mary and me.

Mary and I have already started thinking about one of the most important things, what our grand-baby should call us.  Mary has chosen (I will not divulge that here), but I don't know yet.

This is an important thing.  Should it be Grandfather (too formal), Mr. Farabee (WAY too formal!), Grandpa, Pop, PaPa, Granddad. There are Norwegian versions (Farfar), Playful (Big Daddy, not really me), Trendy (Popster, Skipper), the list goes on and on.

But I guess the important thing to me is not what my new grandchild calls me, but that I will have a grandchild.  It doesn't get much more exciting than that.

New booties we just got for you here in Denmark.  I hope you like them.  Whatever you call me, it won't matter.  Just make sure you call me.


No comments:

Post a Comment