Sunday, May 11, 2014

Our New Apartment

When Mary and I moved to Odense, we moved into a wonderful apartment in the center of town, close to everything.  Shopping, restaurants, train station, and my work.  The apartment had two problems though.

Number one.  38 steps.  We lived on the third floor.  As I described in a past blog entry, that meant a lot of climbing up and down stairs.  And with Mary's knee acting up, not a good thing.

Number two.  No oven.  Our apartment had a stove top, and a microwave, but no oven.

So before we went home for Lars and Elizabeth's wedding, we worked out an arrangement with City Hotel Odense to move.

The apartment building we live in is managed by City Hotel.  If you ever come to Odense, I recommend it.  The staff has been very nice and extremely helpful to Mary and I.


City Hotel

When we got back from the wedding, we moved one floor down!  Slightly different layout, larger, and:

21 steps!  Less climbing, easier on the knees.

And.......


An oven!!!

And now a little tour.


Same building, new floor


 Breakfast Nook


 Kitchen


Bedroom




Living Room and Dining room

We are very happy we our new "digs".  If you are ever in Odense, give us a call for the "grand tour"!

One more thing for this week's entry.  I bought a new "toy" to help us with laundry trips and grocery shopping.



A bicycle trailer!

Works like a champ.  All loaded, I really don't feel it behind me.  I installed a trailer hitch on my bicycle luggage rack.  Smallest I have ever seen!


No comments:

Post a Comment