Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lunch

As I told you in my last posting, Mary and I went for a bicycle ride yesterday.  As we rode by the train station, we realized we were both hungry.  I told Mary "Let's eat before we get going".  We looked for an exotic Danish restaurant to try and guess what we found!



Yes, McDonald's has invaded Odense, Denmark.

We went in and it looked pretty much the same as any other McDonald's.  Counter, people taking orders in uniforms, Golden arches.  But more importantly, the wonderful aroma of French fries! I am not really a big fan of McDonald's, but I do like their fries.



We walked up to the counter and looked up at the menu.


I recognized the words "Happy Meal".  I was about to panic (not really, but it sounds good for the Blog) when Mary pointed out the "Hometown Special Road to America Meal". We both went for it.


It was basically a Big Mac with Hot Wings sauce, Crinkle Cut fries (not the classic fries, oh well) and a Coke.


All in all, your basic McDonald's meal with a slight kick.  An average fast food meal.

Interesting name though,  "Road to America".  Kind of sad if people in other parts of the world are being told by an American company that two mediocre frozen beef patties fried on a skillet on a bun with some out of the bottle hot sauce means America.  Not in my opinion.

The fries of course are another story.




No comments:

Post a Comment