Friday, January 17, 2014

Restaurant Gronttorvet

I have promised myself this would not become a food blog.
But, I may occasionally need to describe meals in order to give you a flavor (pun completely intended) of Denmark, as food is a big part of Danish life.

Mary and I had dinner at a restaurant called "Gronttorvet".  The address is Sortebrodre Tov 9. 5000 Odense C. (Say that 3 times fast.)

A beautiful old restaurant.  Mary had the Beef Brisket with new potatoes (Letspraengt Oksebryst).  I had the Salmon with asparagus and potatoes (Ovnbagt Laks).  It was a wonderful meal!  Our waitress, a local girl, was very nice and had spent time in Chicago!  When we told her we had moved here for 2 years, she was surprised, but excited that we would be "regulars" at the restaurant.  She told us to come back and she would give us sightseeing advice.

I had a Murphy's Stout (I prefer Guinness, but Murphy's is good).  For desert, Mary had Noddekurv, vanilla ice cream in a lace cookie shell.  I had black coffee.

The meal was wonderful, company great, and we would go back anytime.

There are so many restaurants within walking distance, it is hard to count!  Mary and I are going to try them all.  I may not write a "review" of each, but if we have a great experience, I will.







3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I think a food blog is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last comment was from me ( niece Laura). Using Mom's profile. So glad y'all are having a great time. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just rambling trying to figure out how to get the comment to you. It's me Eileen.

    ReplyDelete